The end is nigh, again


They say problems come in threes, at Pig Row we have had this to the power of three. This is all I remember from algebra taught at school. I was never a maths kid.

Today, we discover that a rumbling wheel on our new Land Rover Freelander was a sign of VCU failure. This is the little gadget that sends the power to the wheels and if it doesn't work properly it will rip your gear box and crank shaft to pieces. Sickened isn't in it, so I have been onto Cloverleaf Cars where we bought it and they are going to sort it out. I have to phone tomorrow as I play host to the heating engineer coming to fix our failed SCWS Broseley system, sealant goes into tomorrow and the micro leaks should be a thing of the past. We will eventually have heat for next winter. A matter of better late than never. So, hopefully this will mean we have heat but we hope that Cloverleaf will say they can fix it under the warranty or we will be a grand down. That's right, £1000 to fix it and the best bit, I can't drive it to the place I bought it or it could go into melt down. It all seems over the top but I don't want to chance driving to Sheffield at 60mph and watching my gear box scatter in my rear view mirror. Bugger. It all hinges on that phone call now, let's see what they can do and how fast.


Here is our complete story over the last twelve months (we shouldn't have had to have blogged so much about this when the mistake was so simple to rectify):
How I Became A Green Bore: Lighting the Way (November 2012)
How I Became A Green Bore (October 2012)
The End is Nigh (March 2012)
The End is Nigh, Again (March 2012)
Snowed Under (February 2012)
Problems with the Broseley Continued (February 2012)
The Snows are Here (January 2012)
Broseley Pressure Rising (December 2011)
Broseley Thermo Suprema Pressure Problems (December 2011)
Broseley Help Us (December 2011)
Problems With Our Broseley Thermo Suprema (December 2011)
Solid Fuel - Does it Work? (November 2011)
Solid Fuel and Biomass (November 2011)
New Winter, New Heating System (October 2011)
Living with the enemy (September 2011)

Please note that this post is our own personal opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment