Back Problems and Produce Coming In

My back has been playing up over the last few days, this has slowed me down in the garden to a ponderous plod. This is the problem of living with a disability, when it flares up, when it is at its worst, it frames my world and seals it shut. I have a spinal condition, discs that are ruptured and some that are missing, I do to much in the garden that I shouldn't but digging the soil is a past time that I cannot be robbed of but which I shouldn't do. Therefore, the time I should be spending in the garden is spent prostrate on the floor doing physio. A back is a fragile thing, so take care of your's, I should have and I didn't, I am paying the price. Rather than be forlorn, he are some photo's from the kitchen, from our own produce and oven. Something to make you smile.

From this to....



...a pan....


...with a few Attar of Roses thrown in...


...to the final jar but what is jam without bread?


Soda bread from our oven, made and bake in less than 60 minutes. It is the small, simple things in life that fill the soul. Thanks goes to Carol for all this, who has, as always picked up the slack when I have broken down. Time to ask for more help in the garden than I do.